Minggu, 14 Juni 2015

Wearing My Hijab


Today, you will see if there are many women who wear casual and fashionable hijab. I always think that women who wear hijab always look very beautiful. They try to get closer to Allah. My father and Mother never push me to wear that Hijab. Of course, I just wear hijab every Friday when all students should wear hijab too in my school. Since I was in the kindergarten until senior high school, I loved to keep my long hair because I saw that Rapunzel in one of the Disney princess characters had long hair and I wanted to be like her. I also preferred to wear skirt, sleeveless dresses,-t-shirt with navy blue jeans, and cardigans. I remembered that I often wore sleeveless dress with jeans everywhere but now, all things have changed. I tried and realized if I should wear my Hijab.

This story happened when I was in the third grade in senior high school. I never guessed if I wore my hijab now. I got some inspirations from people surrounded me especially one of my best friends, her name was Nurul Fadhilla. I called her Dilla. We were getting friends since we were in the junior high school. We met in an English course and until now, we still kept our relationship. She was one of college students in the biology department, in State University in Jakarta. We ever talked about the Hijab because both of us did not wear hijab yet. Finally, I forgot when she decided to wear hijab. I remembered that it was on her first grade in senior high school. She always looked beautiful with her hijab. I considered if I was one of her fan because she was a girl who had some dreams, inspiration, and very a creative girl. She was very smart, diligent and kind-hearted. I loved being her friend. Then, she never missed to share every good thing to me. How kind she was.

There was a simple thing that I caught from her. She says to me, “Meilinda, I know wearing hijab is big decision for a girl teen like us. There are many obstacles that we will get in doing our good decision. Of course, in this term we used to our thought and intent to be better one. I know Allah will always help us to be better mei. Wearing hijab will make us better even we intend that only for Allah and you will get thousand of blessings after you wear it. If you are not wear the hijab now, so when? Pray me if I always be your best friend. Please keep our communication wherever we are mei. Do not forget to share every your interesting and best stories to me’. Her words were very amazing.

Finally, I got Allah’s guidance to wear my hijab. When I failed in my SNMPTN test, I felt depressed because I failed to take my scholar as nutritionist in Institute Agricultural of Bogor (IPB). I felt that I could not make my parents proud of me. I did not know why I stared in the mirror. I took mom’s veil. Then, I started to wear it in my head. I looked something different in my face. I felt calm. One day, my mom and my younger sister asked me to go hangout in order to lose my stressed. We went hangout look for something. At that time, I wore my hijab and that became my first time to wear it. I started to feel comfortable with it even my mom looked surprised with my change.

I remembered what Dilla ever said to me about wearing hijab. If I did not wear my hijab today, so when I would wear it, and I realized this my turn. I learnt, learnt, and learnt to better for my commitment. Finally, I decided to wear my hijab until right now. Of course, this became the biggest challenge for me. Wearing hijab meant that you should makeup ourselves to be closer with Allah. We should change our bad attitude, how to speak, and keep our emotion. I knew it was little bit hard for me but if I tried, I did. Wearing hijab really gave some of big changes in my life. I tried to change my bad attitude, my lifestyle, my habit, and controlling my emotion.

For example, I could change how the way I dressed up. I decided to replace my short skirt and dress in my wardrobe. Then, my parents gave me money to buy some of long shirts and skirts, veils, and many more. They really supported me. I did not want to miss every single thing in my changes. Learn and learn is my goal. I learnt to always keep my pray time and did not forget to read the Al- Quran every day. By doing that, you would get calmness for your life. Stay focus to the right and positive things to increase my good points in myself.

How I controlled my emotion also became the hardest part. I have considered myself as a moody person. I eased getting bad mood when there was a bored or disappointing thing.  I wore hijab and I should be calm girl. It meant that I should control myself from a big anger. Anger leaded you into bad things. That was the point. I should manage myself more and more. Be friendly and stay in the stable emotion would be better.

Besides improving my good points, I should finish my studies and made some of achievement for giving pride to my beloved parents. I loved them very much. I believed that Allah always helped people who wanted to change to better. My father has supported me every time until I was here, in the Jenderal Soedirman University. I came here because of my parent pray. I would not suppose to be like now without them. Mom, Dad, I would be your best daughter someday. Pray me for these.

Furthermore, I could not explain how I felt happy today because I already got Allah’s guidance to wear the hijab. It became the best moment in my life that have changed me into a better one. I thanked for many people who always supported me and gave some inspiration in wearing my hijab. I will always learn into a better person. 

7 komentar:

  1. As long as usual-you, mei. Keep writing. You are great writer. :D

    BalasHapus
  2. It can inspire people who aanre still confuse. At the first I also feel like you. I think hijab can make us more beautiful, don't afraid to wear hijab.
    It is a nice story mei :)

    BalasHapus
  3. Annisa : HEHE, we stiil keep learning annisa :)
    Anike : Yeah, i also think that. You will find something valuable after you wear the hijab. I hope my story can inspire someone.

    BalasHapus
  4. Annisa : HEHE, we stiil keep learning annisa :)
    Anike : Yeah, i also think that. You will find something valuable after you wear the hijab. I hope my story can inspire someone.

    BalasHapus
  5. that's sooooo cooool... i hope you can always continue it and make it as your neccesary for your whole day

    BalasHapus
  6. Inspirational story, keep "istiqomah" and so do I :), I hope you can also wear your hijab every time toward every one who is not "muhrim" :)

    BalasHapus
  7. Fauziah : We do, we have to do sist :)
    Vrian : aha, you inspire too dear. thank you. i hope so :)

    BalasHapus